Friday, Ian and I went into Edinburgh on the train and had a great time. We got kind of a late start because we slept in due to our previous night of travel. When we arrived, the weather was what I had imagined. A heavy mist enveloped Edinburgh Castle and though not great for photography, it was wonderful to experience.
| Edinburgh Castle |
Late in the day we took the train to North Queensferry to catch a glimpse of the Firth of Forth bridge, which is a world famous bridge, even older than the Golden Gate. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forth_Bridge It was the first such structure made entirely of steel in Britain, built around 1890. Due to the shroud of mist, we were unable to see much of it. However, I did capture this misty picture of the tunnel entrance at North Queensferry train station.
Finally, we picked up our rental car today and I managed to make it back to East Kilbride from Glasgow without incident. It's hard to explain how utterly nerve racking it is to drive the opposite of everything I was taught. At least I requested an automatic, which resulted in a free upgrade to an Audi wagon...not as good as Ling Ling though.
We leave at first light in the morning, heading to the Isle of Skye in North West Scotland. I can't wait.
More pics to come!
Happy Easter Everyone!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment