Monday, April 18, 2011

The Wedding of Weddings!

At Jackson|Durham we try and make each of our Weddings, The Wedding!  However, on Wednesday, Ian and I leave for the UK for what will most assuredly be, THE WEDDING of the year.  Prince William and Kate have no idea we are coming, nor does the Queen, but we will be among the tens of thousands of people lining the parade route to catch a glimpse of the most closely held wedding dress of the decade! 

As 9 year old boy growing up in Mississippi, I remember in vivid detail the puppy dog eyes of Princess Diana as she waved to the masses from the balcony of Buckingham Palace.  So timid, so shy, but so beautiful.  Her bouquet was huge, to match the grandness of her dress.  And the dress, oh the dress.  Silk organza that billowed into that magnificent train that went on forever.  Shivers!  I don't want to compare Kate to the beautiful image I still have of Princess Di, but it's inevitable.  It's 30 years later, I sincerely hope that Kate's bouquet won't be quite so large! 

Ian and I leave for Scotland this Wednesday night.  We will be staying two nights with his Aunt Irene in East Kilbride and then we have rented a car to motor around the British countryside for three days.  We have no idea where we will stay Sunday night through Tuesday night.  On Wednesday, April 27th, we will turn our car in at London City Airport, take the train to Waterloo and find our room that we booked on www.airbnb.com.  We are told the B&B is a 5 minute walk to Westminster Abbey.  I am so excited.  My birthday is the 28th, 39 and holding, and we plan to spend most of the day scoping out the best venue to view the Royal procession.  Not a bad way to spend a birthday if you ask me.  On the 29th, we will wake early early and head out to our pre-chosen spot.  Of course, we really have no idea what to expect in terms of number of people, I expect it to be shoulder to shoulder spectators.  I just can't believe we are going to be a part of it all.  We head back to the states on the 30th and I know we will be tired, but we will have experienced The Wedding of the year, if not decade! 

While we are on the plane back to the States, Heath and Team J|D will be in Dallas for the Russo wedding and rehearsal dinner.  It sounds like it's going to be a blast.  I wish we could be there to help, but I know the team will handle it and the results will be gorgeous!  

More posts to come, you know there will be!  Can't wait to share pics and stories of the British countryside, London, and of course Princes and Princesses. 

Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment